Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm changing cranks to a 110bcd setup 36-46t. I found a nice NOS Sugino 34-50, I'll set the rings it came with aside for Summer road riding, and found a deal on a FSA 36t inner with ramps and pins for cross. Finding an outer 46t ring has been a bear though, finding an FSA model to match my inner ring is rare, and the best price doing a search including fleabay is $45- which seems excessive for just a ring. I can find 110bcd Suginos for much less, but they are not ramped/pinned. I have a 8 speed setup, 12-25 cassette. Do I need to care about matching the 2 chainrings -ie finding another FSA or at least a model with ramps/pins? Or will I have a decent shifting system just using a couple of NOS non-ramped rings? Is there that much difference in ramped/non-ramped rings through mud frozen goo and tunnel-vision stupidshifts, especially given my relatively forgiving 8-speed setup, and modest 10-tooth drop between the ring sizes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.