·
Well-read hooligan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just made 2 orders for about $100 each

3 veloflex pave's from proracekit
chorus 12-25 and lockring from 11speed
(fixed for accuracy)

I intentionally chose my purchases for availability here in the US, and intentionally kept each order under $200. All items purchased were dang good prices, and shipping what cheap! (I've got a Performance Bike Shop within 3 miles of my house so it's kind of a waste to compare an order from there ... you guys can do that). I hit submit on both within 5 minutes of each other (around 4 PM PST)... stay tuned for how both sites work out.

·
Well-read hooligan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: one order arrived!

At 9:15 this morning PST my Chorus 12-25 casette, lockring, and 5 tubes arrived via UPS in one of those plastic bags. No real padding, the casette was wrapped in an instrucitions paper that comes with new components (lending credence to the supposition that these guys are just selling OEM stuff, hence the great deals). 11speed.com came through in flying colors!

Heck, they deliver as fast as Amazon.com, and I live outside of Seattle. That is freakin' amazing.

So far 11speed.com has my vote for kickass web vendor hands down. From order to delivery was 65 hours ... that is to get from Italy to Seattle WA!! Dang!

·
Well-read hooligan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doh! just fixed original post

tires from proracekit, casette and tubes from 11speed

·
Registered
163 Posts
I ordered 2 pairs of Michelin Pro Race tires from Probikekit on Monday night, they arrived this morning (Thursday) in a blue plastic bag.

UK to San Francisco in 2.5 days is awesome. Haven't tried 11speed yet, but I'll definitely order from Probikekit again.

·
Registered
789 Posts
11 Speed

Did you get FREE SHIPPING, as with Probikekit?
EvilGilligan said:
At 9:15 this morning PST my Chorus 12-25 casette, lockring, and 5 tubes arrived via UPS in one of those plastic bags. No real padding, the casette was wrapped in an instrucitions paper that comes with new components (lending credence to the supposition that these guys are just selling OEM stuff, hence the great deals). 11speed.com came through in flying colors!

Heck, they deliver as fast as Amazon.com, and I live outside of Seattle. That is freakin' amazing.

So far 11speed.com has my vote for kickass web vendor hands down. From order to delivery was 65 hours ... that is to get from Italy to Seattle WA!! Dang!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just ordered a Record BB from 11speed. I work in a shop and their prices were WAY lower than any wholesale price I've seen even with the shipping. I'll report back when it arrives. Ordered Friday at 10:30am.

quick update: Saturday, 5am. Just got the shipping info. Will be delivered May 24th. Appears they are cheaper AND faster than most wholesalers. Crazy.........

·
Well-read hooligan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes and yes

·
Well-read hooligan
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Tires arrived from proracekit this am

So my 3 veloflex pave's arrived at 10:00 am pst this morning. Just ast 11speed, they shipped in a plastic bag. Everything in good order, and still dang speedy. Shipped via usps, hence no tracking number.

Summary of shopping experience:
Both sites delivered as promised in record time. Damned impressive.
11speed prices are a bit better (chorus casette was $20 more @PRK, but still waaaay below US prices)
Proracekit has free shipping for now, almost (but not quite) offsetting other prices. Hadn't looked in to price matching - that would have made them a slam dunk on price.
11speed ships via UPS so I had a tracking number within hours of my order. If you're a gotta-know kind of person then I'd say 11speed is for you.
11speed's tire selection sucks.
Probike's tire selection is very good.
Probike's tube prices are too high (making up for loss leaders of other stuff, obviously)

Both will get my business again.

Oh yeah, went down to performance to get my Campy lockring tool (forgot to add it to my order from Probikekit) and walked out with a pair of shorts, jersey, gloves by handing over 7 coupons ... damn near everything is on sale!

Banner day for each one of these sellers.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just received the BB. Shipped Monday from Italy, In my hands Wed. AM in Central Ca. Sadly though, they sent me an English threaded unit and I ordered an Italian thread. This ought to be a cool test to see how they do fixing it. No biggie. Worst comes to worst, I'll ebay the English unit and just buy an Italian one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.