Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it appears that 11speed and Totalcycling only take Visa/MC. I'm a weird one and have only Amex.

If anyone is willing to do a group order, I need an 11-23 Campy Chorus cassette. Preferably from 11speed, but it appears to be on backorder...

I'll split the cost of shipping, and pay whoever orders w/ Paypal, Money Order, check, etc.

Any takers?

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
too late for me...

I just ordered two chorus cassettes from 11 speed for $83 each. I'll be interested to see how much duty I pay. $230 Record ergo levers cost me an extra $4.12, plus $5 for UPS handling of the duty.

You need more credit cards. I use five to maximize rebates (but never carry a balance).

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Why duties? I have order several time form Total cycling, pro Bike kit and other site, and never paid duties? Both shipped UK Royal Mail service.

I bought frames from Spain, no duties, DHL

I am always importing itmes from Italy via USPS or DHL. I have paid duties only once due the shipment was over $2700

Does it vary with mail carriers??

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
hit or miss...

Duties seem to vary depending on where they enter the US. They probably even vary depending on which inspector judges what duties apply to your order. I've ordered from total cycling too. They have a list of what items may get charged duties. Seems like I did get charged a duty on a C-40 frame. Tires are duty free.

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
Just ordered a Veloce cassette and lock ring yesterday from 11speed. A day late and a dollar short.

·
n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.