Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not post here often but I thought I you guys would enjoy this. I posted this on WW:

Frame: 2006 Storck Scenario C 0.9
Fork: 2006 Storck Stilletto:aero
Headset: Stock Storck
Wheelset: 2005 Reynolds Cirro SV-KOM
Tires: Veloflex Servizio Corse Tubular
Handlebar: Kestrel EMS Pro SL 26.0 X 42
Stem: Ritchey WCS 26.0 X 110mm w/ti bolts
Shifters: Shimano 7800
Shift Cables & Housing: Shimano
Brakes: Zero Gravity OG-06
Brakes Cables & Housing: PowerCordz
Saddle: AX-Lightness Phoenix
Seatpost: 31.6 X 250 AX-Lightness Daedalus
Cassette: KCNC 12-25
Chain: KMC X10SL
Crankarms: THM Clavicula 110 BCD
Chainrings: Stronglight 50 X 36
Chainring Bolts: Dura-Ace Black
Pedals: Speedplay X1 with Alum. Inserts
Bottlecage: Tune
FD: Shimano
RD: Shimano

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
zoom52 said:
I do not post here often but I thought I you guys would enjoy this. I posted this on WW:

Frame: 2006 Storck Scenario C 0.9
Fork: 2006 Storck Stilletto:aero
Headset: Stock Storck
Wheelset: 2005 Reynolds Cirro SV-KOM
Tires: Veloflex Servizio Corse Tubular
Handlebar: Kestrel EMS Pro SL 26.0 X 42
Stem: Ritchey WCS 26.0 X 110mm w/ti bolts
Shifters: Shimano 7800
Shift Cables & Housing: Shimano
Brakes: Zero Gravity OG-06
Brakes Cables & Housing: PowerCordz
Saddle: AX-Lightness Phoenix
Seatpost: 31.6 X 250 AX-Lightness Daedalus
Cassette: KCNC 12-25
Chain: KMC X10SL
Crankarms: THM Clavicula 110 BCD
Chainrings: Stronglight 50 X 36
Chainring Bolts: Dura-Ace Black
Pedals: Speedplay X1 with Alum. Inserts
Bottlecage: Tune
FD: Shimano
RD: Shimano
Very nice. Now I'll be even less patient about my Claviculas arriving.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
Awesome bike. Very nice set up. But the saddle. Seriously.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
bsdc said:
Awesome bike. Very nice set up. But the saddle. Seriously.
Yeah, seriously. And the shifters, too? Think of how light it would be with Record...but Record is kind of expensive. Wouldn't want you to break the bank.

·
Registered
234 Posts
You know you have a little steering column sticking over the top of your stem. If you trimmed that off you could probably get the bike down to a reasonable weight :D

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
how do you ride..

that thing with the angle of that saddle? my boyz are complaining just looking at it..
nice bike though...I wouldn't to ride it, but nice bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad everyone is enjoying the pictures. The pictures don't show to saddle angle very well. The saddle is really very comfortable it has just the right amount of flex.

As for changing to Campy Shifters - tried them don't like them.
The steerer tube will be cut eventually.
Any other ideas on how to shave off more weight would be appreciated.

This is simply the most amazing bike I have ever been on. Very fast acceleration and climbs like nothing else.

·
BS the DC
1,422 Posts
zoom52 said:
Any other ideas on how to shave off more weight would be appreciated.
You could drop the left brifter, fd, and change to a single ring up front.

After that, you'd have to start drilling holes in your frame.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bsdc said:
You could drop the left brifter, fd, and change to a single ring up front.

After that, you'd have to start drilling holes in your frame.
But that would take everything away from having such a beautiful bike.....

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
Nice component selection.

First to loose some more weight you could go to Power Cordz for cables, M2Racer Orb 2 pedals and tune the derailleurs with alloy bolts. Other than that it looks like you covered all the bases.

What size is your frame and what is the weight of the frame, and the fork? Who sells Storck in the U.S.?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Juanmoretime said:
First to loose some more weight you could go to Power Cordz for cables, M2Racer Orb 2 pedals and tune the derailleurs with alloy bolts. Other than that it looks like you covered all the bases.

What size is your frame and what is the weight of the frame, and the fork? Who sells Storck in the U.S.?
I do have Power Cordz for the brake housing and cables - I am waiting on the shifter housing and cables. I thought about M2Racer Orb 2 pedals but don't know if I could change after using speedplays?

The frame is a 55cm I am unclear of the weight but I believe it's under 1000 grams. You can get the frame at http://www.storckusa.com/ but I was fortunate to get this one from ebay at a great price.

·
Registered
19,389 Posts
you could ditch..

the ritchey stem and bars....try a CF integrated handlebar..FSA K-wing or Cinelli Ram...
depends if you're comfortable with CF handlebars...I prefer metal just on principle...if you're not racing it however, go to town!

also: remove the extra water cage bolts. tape them over.
one less layer of glue on your tires
change out the 36T to a 34T
....remove every other spoke....

·
Juanmoretime
2,201 Posts
zoom52 said:
. I thought about M2Racer Orb 2 pedals but don't know if I could change after using speedplays?

I just bought a set of the Orb's after being on Speedplay pedals for 15 years. You can click into the M2Racer pedals a little easier. I only have about 200 miles so far and in a very complimentary way what I can say about them is they are just like Speedplay just less weight.

·
Registered
704 Posts
kingpin said:
I'm hoping he's to busy riding that feather duster to mow the lawn...or maybe he can't afford a lawn mower now.
The mower's in the shop being fitted with a Ti cutting blade ;)

Why take all this trouble and then fit a bottle cage and computer?

Hire a little man to hand you up a bottle at pre-arranged places - and pick up your discards, of course. Now, take off that heavy old computer and just ask the guys who come in behind you (isn't that all of them? :rolleyes:) how far they went - you can figure out how much faster you went by hiring someone to write you a little spreadsheet.

Fascinating - never thought I'd see 'hobby buyers' and 'check book cyclists' in this sport, shows how big a world it is :) Did you write every check personally, or is it less tiring to buy online?

Have fun on your ultralight bike and be sure to come back and tell us when you've bought an even lighter one.

D
Who sometimes can't resist...

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
bahueh said:
the ritchey stem and bars....try a CF integrated handlebar..FSA K-wing or Cinelli Ram...
depends if you're comfortable with CF handlebars...I prefer metal just on principle...if you're not racing it however, go to town!

also: remove the extra water cage bolts. tape them over.
one less layer of glue on your tires
change out the 36T to a 34T
....remove every other spoke....
Why make it heavier and less adjustable for fit? Cinelli RAM is 400g FSA is similarly lardy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The grass was actually cut last weekend. Once the weather gets better it will be cut again.

@kingpin: Riding always comes before mowing!

@Dereck: Not sure on what trouble your talking about - yours or mine? I would not say I'm a "hobby buyer" anymore.

On a side note:
Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone on posting pictures of my bike on this forum. I thought it was a worthy post since this forum is suppose to be about light bikes? To build a bike like this it does cost money my goal was not to make anyone jealous. If you can afford it just do it then.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts