Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all.

My fixed bike is a Bianchi Pista, one of the middling gray ones with all black components.

My aged legs refused to coutenance the 48 x 16 it came with, so I fitted an 18T sprocket. That's still a tad high for the surrounding countryside, but those cog things ain't cheap any more, so I figured I could change the chainring to 46 preferably, though a 45 would do.

The preference would be 1/8" to match the chain, but I suspect 3/32" will also do fine.

A lot of digging has failed to unearth anything like I'm after - I don't really want to spend out on a top-line road type ring, as it doesn't need all those fancy teeth shapes and shifting aids. I could cop-out and fit a polished alloy one, but it wouldn't go as well with what I reckon is a cool looking bike.

All suggestions (well, the polite ones ;) ) gratefully accepted.

Regards

Dereck

· Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FatTireFred said:
you could just find one that fits your bcd and spray paint it black
Funnily enough, that had crossed my 'fiscally prudent' mind... The paint would soon chew off the teeth, but that's nothing to worry over.

MB1 - the last time I saw Pinkie, he'd sawn the steerer down 2" too much on wifey's new bike and the management view was that we could pay to have the problem fixed...

Cheers

Dereck

· Done with winter.
2,635 Posts
The closest 130bcd in black that I can think of would be a 44 tooth inner TT ring... I think FSA makes one... <a href="http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=CR4008">aebike</a>.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.