Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any rear disc hubs with 130MM spacing? I was considering picking up a Redline Conquest Disc frame from Greenfish, however, I am having difficulty finding a rear hub. Guess that's why the frame is $249:)

If anyone has any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts

· Bottle in front of me
33 Posts
Anybody try...

jeremyb said:
Yes: Phil Wood for $360

http://www.thebikebiz.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CMP-HUB-PHIL04

just use cantis, or buy a different frame.
taking an XT disc hub and using a shorter axle and remove 5mm of spacers? I'll go take a look at one and find out if this is possible.

The only other 130mm disc hub I found was made by Velocity for $99.

*edit*

Okay, I'm starting to come to the conclusion that 130mm spacing for disc brakes is stupid. Is there even an ISO standard for this? If I respace a 135mm XT, is that going to make the disc mount too close to the left dropout, seatstay and chainstay? Sometimes it's a problem on mountain bikes that the disc mounting hardware rubs on the disc rotor because somebody messed up and put the rotor too close to the left. Sometimes, the rotor even rubs against the left chainstay.

I'll just stick with Canti in the rear... maybe use a Mullet setup (disc front, rim brake rear).

· NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
elmar schrauth said:
frm hat hubs for disc in 130 mm

taking of spacer from 135 hubs works ,too
the new tiagra disc for cross looks very nice
i will test it next month
"taking of spacer from 135 hubs works ,too" Are you sure? The distance from the outside of the rotor mounting to the outside of the freehub body (which determines where the cassette goes) is fixed. One or the other (or both) are not going to be aligned correctly. - TF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.