Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

14.10 pounds...

8K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  big Kat 
#1 · (Edited)
Meet my new machine:

#6 ·
Nice light bike. Are you a cat 1 or a 2? How long can you ride for w/ just 1 watter bottle? Seriously, zero gravity ti brakes are a mere $400 - and DA brakes are fricking boat anchors - no one rides w/ them anymore. Also, dump the reynolds wheelset and get a real set of wheels - Lightweights - a mere $5K and you'll shave 300g :)

#12 ·
I just can't help myself

Did you order everything yourself, personally, or did you find an easier way to buy it ?

I've heard if you drop an extra $50.00 on Zero Gravity brakes, you go in a lottery to get a pair without having to wait for regular delivery along with all the poor people who want a set. Now, there's something to brag over.

D

#16 · (Edited)
Argentius said:
hey, those M2 racer orbs -- do they really pedal like a pedal should pedal?
So far the pedals stick to my feet like any other clipless pedal. I had a difficult time to release my one of my feet on the home trainer, you must really twist your ankle very far ...more than 15 degrees to unclip. The bearings are not as fluid as it should be but this is normal, they have to pass the break-in period. I can't wait to test it outside.

#20 ·
Johnny_Yutah said:
hey dude are you kidding me;)
During off-season I weigh 157-159, in the spring 147 and in the summer, my weight is around 140-142.
dude, it's normal for your weight to fluctuate a bit depending on what season it is, but a nearly 20-pound gain/loss occurring annually is a bit extreme. especially for someone so light. thats like 15% of your total body weight that you're putting on in the off-season. simebody needs to get on the rollers/crosstrain!

#21 ·
elaugier said:
Hi , where do you ride actually ?
question for you, I have a plasma as well on my Seven, wonder how to get rid of that
computer mount and a cool way to fix my cardio/computer. what s your plan?
Hi Elaugier, I ride in Montreal, the city where you finds tons of babes :p but also tons of bad drivers :( Hey I like your setup, how did you fix that computer? My temporary solution is...on my wrist (my computer is my polar watch). How do you like your nokon cable? How did you find your plasma, are they stiff enough? Thanks.

Johnny

#24 ·
Mosovich said:
how durable is that thing? I had a friend go "light wt" for cross season and needless to say the two races he should've easily won, he lost due to components failing. IE: seatpost broke, saddle rails gave way.

On the WW forum here: http://www.weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14264

The bikes owner responds to concerns that his bike is just a show bike and that it could never actually be ridden on a cx course.

jeremy

#25 ·
ride

Johnny_Yutah said:
Hi Elaugier, I ride in Montreal, the city where you finds tons of babes :p but also tons of bad drivers :( Hey I like your setup, how did you fix that computer? My temporary solution is...on my wrist (my computer is my polar watch). How do you like your nokon cable? How did you find your plasma, are they stiff enough? Thanks.

Johnny
Hi Johnny: So we re neighbours ! I am in the West Island.The Nokon cables go thru the plasma, easy to install and so cool. !!!! yeap it is very stiff.
I want to get rid of that computer mount and will try to find something ...
Hope to see you on the road one of these days ! have not tested the Seven Elium
on the road , with all the salt and dirtyness. not cool for a 10K$ bike. But April is coming !

#26 ·
This is hilarious!

Funnily enough, it's always been around, but you have to love 'weight weeny' as a group name or whatever.

I recall when I first started racing as a teenager - around mid 1960's save you wondering. My home town, (Hull, NE England) was great for racing, with five active clubs, and a real good variety of roads. It was a very time-trial heavy race calendar, of course, and one character was the source of endless amusement.

Failing for a lack of opportunity to buy slightly shorter Ti bolts, lightweight decals and so on, this pre-historic weight weeny had to settle for a fixed gear bike with more holes in it that most of us thought wise, plus incredibly light tubulars on 24 spoked wheels. His prized possessions were 4oz silk track tubulars - more the province of pro track riders who got sent them in six packs really

We never did learn how fast this early example of the WW genre could go - he never got through a race without a flat, which meant not only stopping and ripping the flat tub off, but unbolting and re-bolting his insanely light wheels too. For lighter amusement, he'd often break a spoke or so, being as the roads of the day weren't very kind to 24 spoke wheels of the same day.

Good to see that the genes are strong enough to keep coursing through cycling's humanity ;)

Regards

Dereck
Who just bought a new frame and forgot to weigh it...

Just like he has no idea what any of his other bikes weigh ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.