Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After reading a couple of the threads about poor customer service and difficult companies to work with I'd like to share that buying from GOOD-GOOD was a really good experience. I got a confirmation that my order was shipped the same day it was placed and arrived in at my home a few days later. The Campagnolo clothing is really top notch with nice touches I haven't found on less expensive jerseys.

BTW im not affiliated with GOOD-GOOD, just wanted to call out a company that is doing it right.

They sent me another 15% off code last night - SNOW

this is applied on top of the sale price!

·
Registered
832 Posts
They're probably legit but a few things bother me about GOOD-GOOD:

1. Their name is dorky-dorky.

2. No contact info on their web page other than a lame "give us your email and we'll get in touch with you". No physical or geographical info, no phone number.

Their domain is registered in Brooklyn. What return address was shown for the stuff that you received?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the name. To each their own, right.:)

I put the box out for recycling earlier this week so I dont have that around to look at. Everything fit so I didnt need any longer.

The order confirmation had a 718 number which is NYC/Brooklyn and there is a Brooklyn address on their website: TERMS OF SERVICE | GOOD-GOOD Bottom of the page.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In full-disclosure, I am one of the founders of GOOD-GOOD. As well, I'm new to this particular forum. A friend and fellow cyclist ran across this thread and suggested I clarify a couple points of discussion.

1. Yes, we are legit and we are located in Brooklyn, NY. Although, funny enough all of our employees are native Midwesterners. Despite that we're proud of our borough and thrilled to be a part of an extremely strong and committed cycling culture. Additionally, we're lucky to be connected to some great local cycling and cycling apparel companies like Kinfolk, Outlier, SSCY, Red Hook Crit, R&A, etc.

2. The coupon code SNOW is for Icebreaker Merino gear only. However, if you're not familiar with this brand give them a try. Truly amazing product and story. If it's Campagnolo gear you're after - use discount code CAMPY at checkout for an additional 15% off as well as free shipping on orders +$150. Most orders ship same day. If not, the next day.

3. I agree with you, the CONTACT US form is lame. But, it does go directly to me so I assure you that anyone who sends us a message will be responded to in short order.

4. We are a startup. In fact, we launched only a little over a week ago. Thus, our phone system is not fully installed. Once it is, there will be a direct line to us and me. Until then, please use the CONTACT US form.

5. To CAAD2: Thank you for your business. I'm pleased that you're pleased. In fact, you were the 2nd person ever to place an order with us so we're forever grateful.

6. To moonmoth: I understand your hesitancy. There's a lot of shadiness in e-commerce. Hit me with a private message on our lame CONTACT US form and I'll see if we can do something to win your trust. Perhaps you'll order some Campy, Cadence, or Bookman gear and decide for yourself.

Finally, maybe our name GOOD-GOOD isn't for everyone. But, it was well thought through. I'm not a fan of the name GoDaddy, but they're good at what they do - we use them regardless of the "dorky" name.

Glad to be part of this thread and this forum. Hope to be a regular!

Cheers!

·
Registered
832 Posts
6. To moonmoth: I understand your hesitancy. There's a lot of shadiness in e-commerce. Hit me with a private message on our lame CONTACT US form and I'll see if we can do something to win your trust. Perhaps you'll order some Campy, Cadence, or Bookman gear and decide for yourself.
The hesitancy stems from Indonosian bike equipment scammers (commonly discussed and exposed in here) who often display the same pattern of not volunteering contact information upfront on their web sites. It's a big red flag. I'd prefer to read more about you in an "About Us" section vs. awkwardly submitting my email address to an unknown entity. But glad to hear from you and best of luck with venture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.