Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about Specialties TA and Dura-Ace, but who else out there makes top-line 165mm cranks that are Campy 10speed compatible? This is for a short gal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Middlburn?

This is an oddball idea, but how about:

Middleburn RS7's in a 165mm? You could get them with a two-chainring spider and run a 40/52. That would weight 629 grams complete with spider/rings, with a square-taper interface. I'm not sure what the 10 speed compatibility is, but I think one of the Middleburn spiders takes 110, and there should be all kinds of rings (10 speed and otherwise) to fit.

Just maybe?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just went through the same ordeal. My daughter uses 165's and we just had to swap out the crank on her new Trek 5000 WSD from the stock triple to a double. Our LBS tried to get the Bontrager Carbon but we waited FOREVER and ended up with Shimano. FSA and others don't even make a 165. If you can track down a Bontrager, grab it fast.

Jed Peters said:
I know about Specialties TA and Dura-Ace, but who else out there makes top-line 165mm cranks that are Campy 10speed compatible? This is for a short gal.

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
Leonard Zinn

He makes cranksets from 150 to 200+ mm. His prices are pretty reasonable considering the price includes a bottom bracket.

·
Registered
7,934 Posts
Not top of the line but the FSA Gossamer MegaExo cranks..

come in 165 or 167.5mm My wife is on the 167.5 and they are sweet in polished. External Bearings and all. Her's are triples, but they make a double. I also conveted here to a double compact sine there is NO need for a triple in Florida :p.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts