Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
To be fair, these riders were training for an Ironman and riding TT bikes, so their handling skills were suspect to begin with.

😈🧐

Seriously though, the victim blaming in the comments of the Tweet are pretty disturbing. Hope all involved heal quickly and completely.

·
Registered
21,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
To be fair, these riders were training for an Ironman and riding TT bikes, so their handling skills were suspect to begin with.
😈🧐
Seriously though, the victim blaming in the comments of the Tweet are pretty disturbing. Hope all involved heal quickly and completely.
Seriously or not seriously... that's a pretty disgusting thing to joke about.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Reactions: old_fuji

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,947 Posts
Thank god for the eye witness. It's going to make it harder for the driver's attorney to re-invent reality.

The driver allegedly asked "Do you think I'm going to jail?" when he exited his truck after the collision, according to eyewitness Chase Ferrell. Moments before hitting the cyclists, the teenager blew exhaust smoke on Ferrell who was a few paces behind the group, he said. He tried catching up to the truck intending to speak with the driver when he saw the collision firsthand.
"As I was trying to catch up, I saw him doing the same thing to the group of cyclists that he (eventually) hit," Ferrell said. "He was pulling over to get closer to them in their lane when he accelerated and went right into them. He just ran them over. It was nuts."

·
Registered
21,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
This was posted on Facebook boy the DA. Looks like at least the DA is taking it seriously.

Waller Police Department is continuing the investigation, which will then be turned over to the Waller County District Attorney's Office. Waller County DA Elton Mathis told ABC13's Steve Campion that the case will be referred to a grand jury.

Mathis, in an interview Wednesday with the ABC13 reporter, also said there could be aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges brought against the teenager, with the pickup itself being the deadly weapon. Whether or not the teenager will face charges will likely take some time. The grand jury in Waller County won't meet again until October or November, Campion reported.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Must be nice to be on the grand jury in Texas. Here in Hawaii I was on the grand jury, we had six panels and three met each week (so each panel met every other week). Term was one year. Didn't have any bike cases though.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
Must be nice to be on the grand jury in Texas. Here in Hawaii I was on the grand jury, we had six panels and three met each week (so each panel met every other week). Term was one year. Didn't have any bike cases though.
Similar in Jersey. It’s every Tuesday for the rest of your life. And it’s in Trenton. That’s a little over an an hour from me. With traffic and parking it’s really 1.5 hours+ each way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
just because the Grand Jury doesn't convene for a few weeks, doesn't mean the kid and his parents are just enjoying life as usual.

hopefully, all of them are freakin' the eff out, have their guts in an uproar, and are working on some serious ulcers.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
14,652 Posts
No; they're likely lawyering up, and transferring assets so they won't lose anything when they're sued. It's the American Way.
I'm sure they are still freaking out. And asset transfer is difficult to hide. I'm sure the plaintiff/prosecution is keeping an eye on that.

·
Registered
5,097 Posts

·
Registered
21,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
5,097 Posts
That's really good.

Sounds like the drivers family has connections.
And the police force is corrupt and needs investigation
It does, and it sounds like things are changing now... The blatant corruption has been dragged out into the sunshine. This may not end here like it usually seems to?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
21 - 40 of 108 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.