Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there going to be anymore Crux released? What is there plural of Crux, is it, Cruxes, Crux, or just Crux? Ha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
I've heard through the grapevine that there might be some more models released around the same time as the new Roubaix. So juuuuust before cross season.

I couldn't wait that long so I bit the bullet and ordered a 2016 model for a nice discount. I'm no pro, so I don't really mind the SCS standard wheels.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, now that the Roubaixs are released, are there going to be anymore Cruxs or other bikes released?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone know what's going on with the crux on the website? Not showing the Crux or it will just show the S-Works model

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
Wondering the same thing myself. When you click on bikes, it doesn't show a tab for cyclocross anymore. I searched the website for Crux and all the 2017's came up in the results, but still odd.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope there aren't new ones coming out that are different. I just ordered the expert 1x

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
Should we start a new thread for the '18 Crux?

I'm a bit biased because I just bought a '16 Crux, but I like the curved tubes better. That thing kinda looks like a mtn bike frame with a Tarmac fork.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Should we start a new thread for the '18 Crux?

I'm a bit biased because I just bought a '16 Crux, but I like the curved tubes better. That thing kinda looks like a mtn bike frame with a Tarmac fork.
I would support/subscribe to such a thread.

What got's me wondering right now, is as Trek seem to have added thru axles to their alloy cross bike (that's what I thought I read anyway), will the 2018 alloy Crux go thru axles too? I've been eyeing a Crux for a while, but really at my level, an alloy one would be fine. What I really want though, is thru axles, but that means spending way more and getting a carbon bike which I don't need.

·
Not a climber
1,312 Posts
I would support/subscribe to such a thread.

What got's me wondering right now, is as Trek seem to have added thru axles to their alloy cross bike (that's what I thought I read anyway), will the 2018 alloy Crux go thru axles too? I've been eyeing a Crux for a while, but really at my level, an alloy one would be fine. What I really want though, is thru axles, but that means spending way more and getting a carbon bike which I don't need.
I was in the same boat last year, I was going to settle for aluminum, but wanted through axles. Ended up getting a shop friend hookup on a '16 Crux Elite X1 for less than the aluminum X1 build MSRP.

But I'm willing to bet they'll go TA on the aluminum frames this coming year. (then again, I said that last year too...)

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was in the same boat last year, I was going to settle for aluminum, but wanted through axles. Ended up getting a shop friend hookup on a '16 Crux Elite X1 for less than the aluminum X1 build MSRP.

But I'm willing to bet they'll go TA on the aluminum frames this coming year. (then again, I said that last year too...)
I thought the same thing last year... also thought they would have implemented smartweld tech in the alloy crux... but no.
Maybe this year?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts