Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 17 degree stem and Iam having trouble locating one. I see Bontrager has one, but no luck finding anyone to ship it to me. Iam missing any sources? I have emailed Performance, no response yet.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
The Bontrager 17-degree XXX race lite was replaced, so it's out. The X race lite might still be available in 17-degree. Others are certain sizes of the TTT "the stem" and certain Ritchey WC stems. Good luck with your search.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
thomson x2 if you are looking for threadless

thomson has the x2 stem in -17 degree. will be in production this month, april 2006, so be patient until distributers get their hands on them.
 

·
Juanmoretime
Joined
·
2,203 Posts
The new Ritchey Axxis comes in -17 provided you are using oversized bars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Ritchey

aboyd said:
I am looking for a 17 degree stem and Iam having trouble locating one. I see Bontrager has one, but no luck finding anyone to ship it to me. Iam missing any sources? I have emailed Performance, no response yet.

Thanks
Ritchey Comp stems came in +/- 17, at least a couple of years ago. Hmm...what length do you need? I might have one (black, 26mm stem by 1-1/8" steerer, 120mm extension) in my parts box...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy M-S said:
Ritchey Comp stems came in +/- 17, at least a couple of years ago. Hmm...what length do you need? I might have one (black, 26mm stem by 1-1/8" steerer, 120mm extension) in my parts box...

I am looking for 110mm, but could get by with 120mm. Need a 31.8 clamp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Aboyd, I have a 3XL Forgie 110mm, 31.8, 17deg. stem. near new. Respond if you're interested. I'll let it go for $30.00. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bike2Live said:
Aboyd, I have a 3XL Forgie 110mm, 31.8, 17deg. stem. near new. Respond if you're interested. I'll let it go for $30.00. :)
Appreciate the offer, but picked up a 10 degree to try. 17 might be too steep the more I think about it.

Thanks though....
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top