Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Polka Power
1,348 Posts
kdub said:
Does anyone know of any brand/model of 1" threadless stem that has a -17 degree bend?

I want a threadless stem that will sit parallel to the ground when installed on the bike.

If you know of any please advise. .Thank you
You could run a shim with a 1 1/8" -17 deg stem. I have a shim on my 1" cross bike....works ok for me.

edit: http://harriscyclery.net/page.cfm?PageID=49&action=details&sku=SM3346 I like that one, if you have oversized bars.

· Registered
192 Posts
I'll second the idea of using a shim. I recently put a 1 1/8" stem (w/ 31.8 clamp) on my touring bike, which has a 1" steerer. I've ridden a few hundred miles with my new setup and it's great.

I realized that the selection of stems out there pretty much necessitated using a shim, rather than spending the time to track down the equivalent angle 1" stem I wanted.

Also, the new X2 from Thomson is great! I have one on my SS and it's very stiff, etc. I'd highly recommend it (as it comes in +/- 17degrees).

· What the Hell is going on
6,056 Posts
KELLY stems

I recently purchased a 140mm, -17 degree, 1 inch threadless KELLY stem from eBay. They look and feel like my Salsa stems.

· Shut up legs!
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

· Registered
9,274 Posts
bontrager makes 17 deg which is reversiable, they have it on all there models from the Select all the way to the xxxlite, actually have couple extra think both are 90 x 11/8 x 26mm clamp, they are both bonti selects they are black

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.