Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little backstory: Girlfriend was riding her old Schwinn fix-er-up around, and the pedal fell off. She called me and told me the story, so I told her to get a wrench and tighten it...She did, then said it wouldn't tighten. So, she brought the bike over for me to have a look at.

Turns out, the pedal literally ripped out of the crank. There were bits of aluminum inside the threads on the pedal, and the hole in the crank was more or less smooth. I reached into my parts bin and found a 175mm crank...but nothing that matched her 170. Would a 5mm difference be totally noticable on the non-drive side? If not, can anyone recommend a decent, cheap, square-taper 170 crank?

· Hucken The Fard Up !
4,605 Posts
I have one you can have for free if you pay the shipping ( I am in Switzerland though )

· ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Salsa_Lover said:
I have one you can have for free if you pay the shipping ( I am in Switzerland though )
Interesting...I'll definitely keep that in mind if we don't find anything. Any idea on how much it costs to ship from Switzerland to US? I honestly can't imagine much more than $20, but that's mostly just a figure pulled out of my ass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.