Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there, i found an 82 year old guy with a pretty interesting bike. it's a 1930 Schwinn Paramount track bike. im supposed to check it out next week. he says the SN is 18 and it's chrome plated. now, the price he's asking sounds steep to me. $4000 :eek: . what are your impressions of that price? i've never seen a Paramount that old so i dont know if thats out of line.

·
merckxman
2,217 Posts
Info

Some old, chrome, Paramounts go for big $. Driving the price are condition, originality (of all components), size, and the right buyer.

vdubbusrider said:
hey there, i found an 82 year old guy with a pretty interesting bike. it's a 1930 Schwinn Paramount track bike. im supposed to check it out next week. he says the SN is 18 and it's chrome plated. now, the price he's asking sounds steep to me. $4000 :eek: . what are your impressions of that price? i've never seen a Paramount that old so i dont know if thats out of line.

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,493 Posts
vdubbusrider said:
The 50th anniversary of Paramount was in '88, so I think '38 would be as old as it can get. But what's 8 years. Price would depend on condition. Certainly could be worth that much. - TF

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.