Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
The lower part of the first L is torn/scratched off.

Better photos would be helpful to determine if a 1958 Cinelli. Like Dave says, it is over priced.

Creakyknees said:
um... that's not a Cinelli. it appears to be a "Cineili"

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
He's had this for sale for a while--I found it when someone else had a total basket case 60s Cinelli "B" on eBay & I was trying to gauge prices.

Not completely out of line--although I think it is a bit insane--this 1957 "Magistrone" recently went for $5k on a Buy-it-Now on ebay

Wish I still had my early '60s "B"....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, 6k is high but Cinelli's of this era in original condition are pretty much the pinnacle of classic bikes for many collectors. Some classic French constructeur bikes might be the only things with close to the same cache. Until recently there were plenty of collectors in Japan who would drop that much coin in a heartbeat for a bike like that.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Those kinds of bikes and those kinds of prices remind me of art collecting. I don't get it and don't have the money anyway. But I like seeing the pretty pictures. :)

·
Registered
296 Posts
Art collecting can be seen as investment, with the difference you can't ride a sculpture or a painting (well you can but...).

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Or hang it on the wall, like this 1973 Bayliss resto--read the description on eBay

This is a nice piece of rolling art & you could ride it away...Opening bid is only $2800 although I suppose 1973 is less collectable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts