Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ride fast & dangerous
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Photos and Info

Frame is straight, no dents or dings but some scratches - looks to be chromed underneath.

Fork crown is (thankfully) chromed underneath and will have the sparrow-egg paint removed at the first possible moment.

Parts are a weird mix of Nuovo and Super Record - cranks & seatpost Super, hubs, derailleurs, brake levers, headset Nuovo, BB and brake arms crossover. Pedals are Gippemme.

Stamp on BB is 78101, with a 7 - I interpet that as 1978, frame 101, 57cm

Probably going part-out route on this, as the flat skewers are needed for my 1972 Colnago Super restoration.

View attachment 279561 View attachment 279570 View attachment 279569 View attachment 279568 View attachment 279567 View attachment 279566 View attachment 279565 View attachment 279564 View attachment 279563 View attachment 279562 View attachment 279571

·
Registered
105 Posts
Dang!, that frame's fantastic, specially with the nice blue paint finish on it which is a nice change from the typical red painted italian classic race bike
Yes, I also thought that the black pivots were only done for the first gen SRs. The previous owner(s) might have just painted the NR pivots for more "Super" posing points??
I have a Patent 72 first gen NR RD with similar black paint enhancement,

.........but on the front arm, not the pivots. I guess it was a thing to do with the NR RDs back in the 70's

Chombi

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,299 Posts
Bodacious bicycles! Mr. Psycho -- I don't know a thing about the black pieces on your Nuovo Record Derailleur, but Chombi -- the blacking out of the front panel of your NR derailleur was a fairly common tweak among my riding buddies of the time. I can't remember exactly what my buddies used to get the panel black, but they'd smear black stuff on and then rub the raised portions so that they'd once more be the silver alu color.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Bodacious bicycles! Mr. Psycho -- I don't know a thing about the black pieces on your Nuovo Record Derailleur, but Chombi -- the blacking out of the front panel of your NR derailleur was a fairly common tweak among my riding buddies of the time. I can't remember exactly what my buddies used to get the panel black, but they'd smear black stuff on and then rub the raised portions so that they'd once more be the silver alu color.
Must be paint cause it did not come off when I soaked the RD in mineral spirits when I cleaned it for restoration..... Felt tip pen ink would washed right off with the mildest of solvents....

Chombi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.