Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a retro commuter bike for the past few weeks and decided to take my lunch hour today and do a little shopping. Stumbled upon an old 1980's (83?) Moser with full Dura Ace and no rust sitting on the sidewalk. Promptly threw down my cash - the price was right - but I really don't know what I have here. The frame is identical to this one I found on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/53-5cm-Francesc...ryZ98084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thoughts?

·
Registered
100 Posts
guero,

How much cash was thrown down?

Cool bike, post a pic of yours!

-Jay

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
giveme2wheels said:
guero,

How much cash was thrown down?

Cool bike, post a pic of yours!

-Jay
No pics right now - I'll take some tomorrow evening. I paid $75 and spent $100 on tires and tubes. Shifts perfectly and is ubelievably light!

I'm really interested in what people know about this bike. It has no model name but has "51.151" on it - referring to F. Moser's world record run. Full Dura Ace spec, Cinelli bars and stem - the works!

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is a fine looking frame--I dig the white and the chrome!

Great price for DA equipped rig too! Post those picts sometime when you can bum a camera form a buddy

NE ways, congrats!

-Jay

·
"It's alive!"
1,454 Posts
guero said:
No pics right now - I'll take some tomorrow evening. I paid $75 and spent $100 on tires and tubes. Shifts perfectly and is ubelievably light!

I'm really interested in what people know about this bike. It has no model name but has "51.151" on it - referring to F. Moser's world record run. Full Dura Ace spec, Cinelli bars and stem - the works!
Screamin' deal! I don't know about that model, but I remember the brand. They were very, very nice bikes. Does your headbadge have Moser's picture on it?

- FBB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts