Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help with the background regarding this bike. I am planning to sell it in the near future. I purchased the frame from Michael's Cyclery in Ames, IA in 1985. Supposedly was a frame that wasn't built up but was extra supply for a USA based team (all word of mouth).

The frame was a beautiful dark to light blue overspray with a Campy Gran Sport headset and Gipiemme (chrome) dropouts and a fastback seat stay. It also has a sloping fork crown, not typical of Raleigh team frames of that era. The tubeset is 531c main tubes with 531 stays, bottom bracket and fork blades. The frame has a decal stating "made by TI Raleigh in Nottingham, England." Is there anyone I can confirm the info with? :confused: I built the bike with a Campy drivetrain, Modolo Equipe brakes and Cinelli bars and post. Hubs are high flange Campy with Mavic tubular rims.

I would greatly appreciate any comments regarding the bike. It has a lot of nicked and scratched paint and some rust from miles of riding (~10 K) followed by 15 years of hanging in a garage. (Residency, Kids and practice) It has never been wrecked, even though I raced it in several races. It is a great ride; weighs about 22 lbs.

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.