Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
That looks great!
I never repainted mine - just slapped some stickers on the scratches. If I find I'm riding enough to justify it maybe I'll pull mine apart and paint it. **note - this is an old picture - I don't have those bars on it anymore - regular drop bars were installed once I started using it for longer rides and touring - I also raised the stem a little for a less aggressive angle.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
52cm handlebars? Wow. I wouldn't be able to reach the brake hoods.

·
What the what???
12,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That looks great!
I never repainted mine - just slapped some stickers on the scratches. If I find I'm riding enough to justify it maybe I'll pull mine apart and paint it. **note - this is an old picture - I don't have those bars on it anymore - regular drop bars were installed once I started using it for longer rides and touring - I also raised the stem a little for a less aggressive angle.
View attachment 478257
Nice! That pewter really was a pretty finish. Mine was in such bad shape that if I had gone the sticker route, that's all you would have seen. :)

It occurred to me the other day, that this whole project... from getting the bike as a trade via CL to where it is now... has been a full year in the making. Velo-Orange got the stem in stock so I snagged one. It should be here soon. Then I just have to wait for the high temps to get above 0... ah the Midwest in winter time.

·
What the what???
12,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
52cm handlebars? Wow. I wouldn't be able to reach the brake hoods.
Well, I'm fairly wide myself so it doesn't seem like too big a stretch. If I were doing it again I might have opted for the 48cm bars instead. I'll know more once I get the new stem in place and can get in a few longish rides.

·
What the what???
12,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Though it took 14 days to get from Maryland to Iowa (ataboy, USPS) it was worth it for a more elegant solution.

With that, the build (at least in this iteration) is officially complete.

Time for shakeout rides and adjustments.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts