Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
This is my first post-please don't flame me!
:)
I have a 1988 Bianchi Campione D Italia that I still ride. The rear derailler is an indexed Suntour Cyclone 7000 (6 speed), and the front is (friction)Suntour (alpha symbol)5000. I have been reading about riders on this forum still loving their old Superbe stuff-many even preferring over today's highest-end campy, etc. I rarely read about anyone with Cyclone. Is it highly regarded? It still seems to shift well for me, but i don't have the experience with various deraillers like a lot of people on this forum. I read the "sunset for suntour" article but couldn't get much on cyclone from it.
Please educate me.
thanks,
scottk

· Chili hed & old bike fixr
1,197 Posts
Suntour Cyclone stuff was just under Superbe and was really good stuff. Use it until your needs change. You can probably set that frame to take whatever you want to put onto it. But you will need to verify your BB threading before you buy any parts. Enjoy your bike! I am curious, what tubing is it made from?

· duh...
9,749 Posts
curlybike said:
Suntour Cyclone stuff was just under Superbe and was really good stuff. Use it until your needs change. You can probably set that frame to take whatever you want to put onto it. But you will need to verify your BB threading before you buy any parts. Enjoy your bike! I am curious, what tubing is it made from?

sprint was in between superbe (pro) and cyclone... so cyclone is akin to today's 105 or centaur

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.