Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting back into cycling after an almost-two-decade absence. As you can tell from the subject line, I've got a '90 Triple (Shimano RX) in stock condition which I'm going to be using for the foreseeable future.

In the old days, I had made up a full gearing spreadsheet, which would still be useful if it wasn't a) on a floppy that's long AWOL, and b) from a program on the Commodore Amiga.

I've tried looking on the web for gearing info in that model, to no avail so far. Before I go through the chore of hand-counting every sprocket on every gear, does anyone have literature on that model who could post the gearing info? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To answer my own question...

Tonight, I was going through an old cycling book I had from back in the early '90s, when I came upon a bookmark that appeared to just be a piece of white paper folded in half. Just out of curiosity, I opened it, and discovered it was a printout if that long-ago spreadsheet (with the gear-inches calculated erroneously, but that's another story). Anyway, in case anyone else is looking for the same info, the gearing is:

Front - 50/44/28
Rear - 13/15/17/19/21/23/26

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
To answer my own question...

Tonight, I was going through an old cycling book I had from back in the early '90s, when I came upon a bookmark that appeared to just be a piece of white paper folded in half. Just out of curiosity, I opened it, and discovered it was a printout if that long-ago spreadsheet (with the gear-inches calculated erroneously, but that's another story). Anyway, in case anyone else is looking for the same info, the gearing is:

Front - 50/44/28
Rear - 13/15/17/19/21/23/26
Since you now have the basic info, this may help:
Sheldon Brown's Bicycle Gear Calculator

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.