Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in a 1996 Bianchi Eros road bike for sale? It was my father's and he does not use it anymore. It is in very good condition. I'm going to take it to get tuned and ready to sell.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
15,152 Posts
EBay is your friend.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Is anyone interested in a 1996 Bianchi Eros road bike for sale? It was my father's and he does not use it anymore. It is in very good condition. I'm going to take it to get tuned and ready to sell.
Include size and pictures. Especially include a pic of the model so someone interested can go look at a geometry chart for it.

There will be interest in this bike. As far as entry-ish level bikes, it’s gat a lot of people that love them. They are great frames to build up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: nfrank1

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,598 Posts
Include size and pictures. Especially include a pic of the model so someone interested can go look at a geometry chart for it.
Especially if you picture it from the drivetrain side. Take lots of closeups of derailleurs, brake calipers, crankset, etc.

Also, don't take it personally when we critique the seat height, bar angle, general cleanliness of the bike, your choice of pedals, etc,; it's what we do here....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Especially if you picture it from the drivetrain side. Take lots of closeups of derailleurs, brake calipers, crankset, etc.

Also, don't take it personally when we critique the seat height, bar angle, general cleanliness of the bike, your choice of pedals, etc,; it's what we do here....
Thank you

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Thank you for all the feedback!!
In the absence of pics, someone has to ask, is it Celeste?

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
It was the least Celeste frame they ever made... it’s a great frame. It has fans for good reason. If it was 2 years ago when I was shopping and it was a 58 I’d own it already! Higher end manufacturers don’t always get down to the entry level well, Bianchi really nailed it with this frame. And, if my memory serves me it’s a lugged frame. Well done Bianchi. Well done.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Campy Mirage 8 sp triple. Pic from interwebs not from seller. 25lb bike. Great gear range with little/little slack issues likely (my opinion). Not sure tire clearance but if it’s 28 this is a boss commuter. For a 25 year old build that sold for 900 new? For a few hundred bucks this is a great pick up for a commuter. One HUGE caveat is getting parts for that drivetrain.

Not sure about racks and fenders.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Wow, I really like the burgundy color! Though I could do without the zebra handlebar tape.
That’s not the bike from the OP. I got that from a random interwebs pic. But that’s the color. Not sure how I feel about that? I love that color!! But aren’t Bianchi’s always Celeste? I mean Bike Exchange changed their kit to include Celeste trim!!! Class act. Jumbo Visma never did that...

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
It’ll take a 28 front and rear no worries.

·
Banned Sock Puppet
15,152 Posts

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,458 Posts
The Bianchi Eros was made in Italy, in their large mass market factory. After 96 or 97, all of the mass market bikes were made in Asia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts