Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at getting Deda Newton bars. The Dedas have a 31.7 clamp size. I currently have a Bobtrager Race Lite stem that has a 31.8 clamp size. Will the tenth of mm difference cause a problem? I can't imagine it would, but you never know.

·
Premium Member
20,696 Posts
immerle said:
I’m looking at getting Deda Newton bars. The Dedas have a 31.7 clamp size. I currently have a Bobtrager Race Lite stem that has a 31.8 clamp size. Will the tenth of mm difference cause a problem? I can't imagine it would, but you never know.

No issues at all......

·
Registered
919 Posts
immerle said:
The way I've heard it explained is that Deda rounds the decimal up and the others round it down, but the spec is the same (e.g. 1.25 inches = 31.75 mm).

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Good thing seatposts aren't made that way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.