Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently found myself bouncing between 2 different pairs of SIDI's. After an email to them to find out, it seems one pair has a sole thickness 1.1mm thinner than the other.

I cannot imagine that this matters muchas I have different thickness chamois and my saddle probably sags a bit (Arione), tights in the winter etc... but thought I should ask the other obsessive folks that I know :D :D

Aside from the rare chance you were at your maximum limit of flexibility etc... could that 1mm really matter?

I know, ocd is a bad thing...

Zach

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I doubt you would notice any difference. I have three different models of Sidis, the 5, 5.5, and 6.6, and I expect they all have slightly different thicknesses in the soles but I don't feel anything different when I switch between the different models.

·
duh...
9,749 Posts
take a look at 1mm on a ruler. you prob wear diff shorts/bibs with chamois/pads that differ in thickness by 1mm- do you notice that? heck, if you wear thicker socks that could even be 1mm

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses - I had a feeling I was driving myself nutty over nothing, and this confirms it.... (especially the sock theory, never though about it that way, but very accurate)

Thanks,

Zach

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.