Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found two bikes : 09 fuji roubaix pro and 08 giant ocr a1. Both feel great but different... Fuji feels more aggresive. After looking at the components it seems like they are very similar. Except that the frames are way different. Giant seems to have worked carbon in to the frame more, while fuji has the carbon seat stay and front fork. The fuji is $1400 and the Giant is $1190 (on sale as last years model). I'm 6'4 and fuji will fit me to size while giant will size me with xl. I am at loss....is the extra money worth it or do i go with the giant. Love the look of the fuji.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
And today is the day The Lounge becomes General.

Which feel better for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my first bike so both seem like they feel good.i haven't had the chance to take either on a long ride. i'm investing in the bike for triathlons...for completion not high competition. There is a lot of good stuff written on the fuji...can't find as much on the giant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1st bike: 09 fuji roubaix pro vs giant ocr a1

I have found two bikes : 09 fuji roubaix pro and 08 giant ocr a1. Both feel great but different... Fuji feels more aggresive. After looking at the components it seems like they are very similar. Except that the frames are way different. Giant seems to have worked carbon in to the frame more, while fuji has the carbon seat stay and front fork. The fuji is $1400 and the Giant is $1190 (on sale as last years model). I'm 6'4 and fuji will fit me to size while giant will size me with xl. I am at loss....is the extra money worth it or do i go with the giant. Love the look of the fuji.

·
Rub it............
3,833 Posts
I love the clean look of the Fuji. White on black. That would be my choice. But I'm partial to this selection due to my up coming purchase of a Roubaix Pro.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fuji seems to be the best bet. There are a lot of reviews on it...and most are really positive. Can't seem to find that on the giant ocr a1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The roubaix pro is sweet. I just bought my wife her first bike and that's what we went with. A brand spanking new '09 Fuji Roubaix Pro. We got it for cost. $1089 plus tax of course and a few accessories,. We were out the door at $1198. We got a really sweet deal on it. She loves it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The roubaix pro is sweet. I just bought my wife her first bike and that's what we went with. A brand spanking new '09 Fuji Roubaix Pro. We got it for cost. $1089 plus tax of course and a few accessories,. We were out the door at $1198. We got a really sweet deal on it. She loves it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts