Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the tour de cure ride in reston on Sunday. I love my bike but i have been a little apprehensive about how it would be after 70 miles or so. I just had my BG fit done a month ago and prior to that it felt great sometimes and a little off on others. It actually felt really bad riding into a headwind. I was convinced I needed my bars higher and a little afraid that my bike was too racy for century rides. I love the bike and how solid and responsive it is but I alway had the thought of having to dust off my Cervelo for really long rides.
During my fit I changed my stem, lowered my bars, changed my saddle to one with less padding and made the whole thing further away from an endurance position.

next thing I know Im up at 5am getting ready for a 108 mile ride, with my now even racier bike and I promised to attend a graduation dinner party with my kid from 7-10pm.

long story short, It was awesome. my fit had me in a more efficient position and my bike felt even better than my RS. I was fine all day and at the dinner as well. I didnt even go to sleep until midnight and the day after my legs were not sore the next day. I am still surprised at how good it felt.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wow, sounds great! I usually have a few beers, go to bed early, and am almost useless the next day!

You may even convince me to get my bike fit to me. LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.