Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting back into cycling after about 10 years. Only mountain bike before. Have been using friends 15y/o specialized avela to get going. Think I have narrowed search down to Scott s10 or Specialized Roubaix Elite compact. Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
What are you basing your choices on? Lots of folks will tell you that fit is the most important thing, so if you're going to buy a new bike, it's important that you get a proper fitting and good support from your local bike shop (LBS). I think you'll find that most bikes within a similar price range are going to be high comparable

·
Adventure Seeker
5,123 Posts
I agree, get them fit and test ride them both. Get the one that feels better after riding it for at least 30 min. Both bikes are good. When deciding between two bikes that have similar groups, the wheels help me decide if they both felt the same.

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,019 Posts
dfd3butts said:
Getting back into cycling after about 10 years. Only mountain bike before. Have been using friends 15y/o specialized avela to get going. Think I have narrowed search down to Scott s10 or Specialized Roubaix Elite compact. Any suggestions or help would be great. Thanks
As previously mentioned, fit comes first, so ultimately go with the bike that fits best. All things being equal, IMO the CF Roubaix will offer a better ride than the S10, but your intended purpose would dictate which is the better choice for you. My two cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.