Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forget Cherry Blossoms, those are for the tourists.

Tulips are for us!

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The morning commute was still in the 30's, the evening warmed up to the low 50's.

Good times!

Ride your bike.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
And I thought we were going to see something like this......

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Tulips and Waterfords, sweet

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Our tax dollars at work

Gorgeous. I miss those. The Park Service employees plant bulbs by the hundreds of thousands In D.C. It's quite a display. They last a lot longer than the cherry blossoms, usually.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JCavilia said:
Gorgeous. I miss those. The Park Service employees plant bulbs by the hundreds of thousands In D.C. It's quite a display. They last a lot longer than the cherry blossoms, usually.
Not just the NPS, most of the improvement districts and plenty of the large buildings have their crews planting tulips. It does add a lot to the town.

Now if it would just warm up........

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
waldo425 said:
Where do you live? I want to move there. I have yet to see anything like that in the Seattle area.
Right outside of Georgetown in Washington DC.

I work in Downtown a couple of blocks from the White House, Miss M works on Capitol Hill, to avoid traffic our commute takes us through Georgetown and briefly across the Potomac into Virginia (all of these pix were taken on our usual commute route).

Well.......that is where we work until we retire next month or so :thumbsup:

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
This thread reminds me of a Rolling Stones album cover. The 2 lips on the cover were also red.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Very nice! Mine were completely incased in ice this morning and hanging almost to the ground. A smart person (not me) would have been out there with a camera taking pics.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts