Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
East Devon to be precise and in fact it's been mild and sunny all week. I moved over here from Toronto two years ago and am set to move back in may. I figured I better take a few a pics to remember how great the riding is around here when the sun actually shines.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I went to uni. in Plymouth so I know the area a bit. I wasn't really biking then, except to get to classes, but the countryside is fantastic.
Have you been up to North Cornwall? The wave are pretty good if you want to go surfing or body-boarding?
If you're still there at the end of May this can be fun up in Newquay.
Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've made quite a few trips to North Cornwall just because my GF and I love the place so much. We camped near St. Ives just about every other weekend last summer. In fact I'm going down there next weekend (not camping a bit chilly for that yet).
Haven't done any surfing partly because I'm afraid of liking it and thus incurring another expensive hobby!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's not that straightforward but I think a lot of people around here feel that the ban on fox hunting represents an attack on their way of life by people who don't understand how they live.

Can't say I agree with the cause because I'm not from here and don't share the same sense of tradition. That said, after living here for a while you do start to understand some of the motives behind their feelings so it becomes harder to draw a clear line in the sand.

Anyway a conversation for another forum perhaps. Thought I'd include the pic as a point of interest though.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
That cat and the boat shot is awesome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts