1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
δanned
7,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I got a code in my email for tires. Use TYRES20 to take 20% off.

They also have Continental GP4000 S2 twin packs for $64.38 in either 23mm or 25mm sizes. $32/tire is pretty cheap for these. The promo code is excluded from these specific tires.

Continental GP4000S II Twinpack - Folding Tyres - Ribble Cycles
20% off all tires EXCEPT Conti GP4000S. The last 20% off tire sale they had included them which brought the price of a twin pack down to $50. Glad I snagged them on the last sale. Still, the everyday price is half what my LBS charges.

Since they changed ownership, I've noticed they seem to carry less inventory.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Schwalbe One are at a great price. I bought GP4000s last time around when they were not excluded from the coupon code

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can anyone report on shipping times? I had an order shipped on 8/16 and it has yet to arrive. I had to wait 6 weeks for my last pbk shipment. Low value orders around $150. Never had this problem in the past but it seems like something has changed.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
I always get my shipment within a week. I live on the East Coast which may speed it up a little, but if it shipped on 8/16, you should have received it by now. Try emailing them. They do respond to emails pretty quick. My most recent shipment a few weeks ago arrived within a week. A new feature this time was that they supplied a tracking number -- something Ribble has not done in the past.

·
Off the back
1,850 Posts
For all you GP4000 lovers, radialcycles.com in the UK sells them in a twin-pack for $62.
Decided to buy a pair to see what all the fuss is about, everybody raving about them and all. Ordered 8/30, they say it shipped, but still not here.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It's been about a year since I last ordered but it took about just over a week for the last couple I placed with them. I'm in the the mid-west (or really the middle of the country in the northern portion of the continental US since that term really doesn't make sense geographically).

One order took an unusual amount of time though which was just about 3 weeks. But none of the orders I've placed have been lost in the mail and always made it to my door.

·
Registered
569 Posts
$39 for one tyre?
Hmm...
Continental Grand Prix Folding Tyre Twinpack BDLTWPKGRANDPRIX $39.80 Ordered: 2 $79.60
-20%

well, that was last month (and it took 10 days from order to delivery).

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Took me 2 weeks and a couple days to get my last order from Ribble.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
these shipments are relying on the national mail systems of two countries.

Nothing to do with Ribble after they leave their door.

Always surprised that some people don't seem to get it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
these shipments are relying on the national mail systems of two countries.

Nothing to do with Ribble after they leave their door.

Always surprised that some people don't seem to get it.
I get it! Was just curious if the delay was happening to others. In my case, I am wondering if it might be something with where I am located (central IL). If I can't get stuff I need fast, which has always been the case, I will have to find it local full price. No problem with that, just too bad I can't use these companies as I have in the past.

Two delayed deliveries is a pattern. Three will be a trend. I will try once more on items I am not hoping for as promptly and see what happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts