Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
asdaly3 said:
This is a good deal if you are already a member, too bad is doesnt apply to sale items also
Yeah, but the lifetime membership is only $15, I think. Buy something for $100 and it's as if you got a free membership plus $5.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Yeah, but the lifetime membership is only $15, I think. Buy something for $100 and it's as if you got a free membership plus $5.

Yeah, I love getting the annual "dividends"

·
Banned
653 Posts
Scotty2Hotty said:
Details at REI.com.
This is no deal really. Non sale items can easily be marked up 20% compared
to sale items, just do the math.
And the best part is, the cashiers are trained to ask us, " would you like
to use your dividend for your purchase?". That will affect your dividend for next
year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Road cyclist said:
This is no deal really. Non sale items can easily be marked up 20% compared
to sale items, just do the math.
And the best part is, the cashiers are trained to ask us, " would you like
to use your dividend for your purchase?". That will affect your dividend for next
year. :rolleyes:
No it doesn't. If you use your dividend to purchase a full price item, you get the whole dividend next time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
having an rei membership has worked out pretty well for me thus far.
i just cashed in my dividend (i got back $112) and used the discount cupon to get a Light & Motion Solo Logic Li-ion SL for 112 plus shipping.
plus i signed up for the rei credit card and ill be getting a free $30 gift certificate in the mail

that said i did spend over 1300 dollars there (most of that being the roof rack and box on my car)

although i have to say i like the EMS house brand outerware waaay more then REIs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts