Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Inflation and competition.

Everything is going up. I designed a 6.5' x 6.5' x 13" 304 stainless steel vent hood. Sheet metal shop is charging us $4,000 to build it, and only guaranteed that price for two days because of what metal prices have been doing lately.

On the flip side.. good excuse to go buy another bike! "Honey! It will cost 20% more in another year!"

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Cars, too, by 2009. But 4 GRAND for a range hood?

Ape0r said:
Inflation and competition.

Everything is going up. I designed a 6.5' x 6.5' x 13" 304 stainless steel vent hood. Sheet metal shop is charging us $4,000 to build it, and only guaranteed that price for two days because of what metal prices have been doing lately.

On the flip side.. good excuse to go buy another bike! "Honey! It will cost 20% more in another year!"
I just read a report that most cars will have to go up 15-20 percent by the end of next year. I was planning to keep my 60,000-mile Mazda another couple of years, then look around for something like a Honda Fit Sport, but I may accelerate the purchase,
FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS for a range hood? My whole kitchen remodel didn't cost that much. Looks like it, too....

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
Don't worry, IKEA has started selling bikes. :rolleyes:

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Link??

I just looked at their website and didn't see a thing about this??

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
de.abeja said:
For dutchbags only.
As yet. Today IKEA cons the dutchbags, tomorrow the whole world. Muhahahaha and all that.

·
Registered
12,593 Posts
Making aluminum requires a huge amount of electricity. You know that electricity/power prices are going up, so the cost of aluminum will have to go up too. Heck, I'm scared to turn on the A/C in the house.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.