Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
il sogno said:
Is the new Chorus lighter than the older Record? Does anyone know where I can find the weights for ca. year 2000 Campy Record parts?
Maybe some catalog archives? Excel sports, Branford, Schwab Cycles, etc listed weights in their catalogs.

I have 03 record derailleurs on my Pegoretti and they are essentially the same as the later Chorus. In my bike room I have a set of 99 Record levers (9 speed) and some 03 (10 speed levers). No difference. It seems that the carbon crankset on Chorus would make it the winner versus alloy Record.

BTW, I got the nine speed stuff from ATP. I am putting some alloy chorus levers on the record ergo this weekend for use on the commuter. The carbon levers are a little beat up but the internals are new. I am replacing the chorus 9 RD with a record alloy 9 as well. The chorus RD has had a crack on the back near the pivot for about four years now. The crack looked a little bigger lately.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
info...

You're making a huge apples and oranges comparison here. The '08 Chorus group would be a major upgrade with the UT crank, to start with. The '08 Chorus RD is nearly identical, except for a couple of Ti bolts.

Try weightweenies for actual posted weights, but I sure wouldn't base a purchase decision on the weight difference. '08 Chorus would be the better choice.

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bigbill said:
Maybe some catalog archives? Excel sports, Branford, Schwab Cycles, etc listed weights in their catalogs.

I have 03 record derailleurs on my Pegoretti and they are essentially the same as the later Chorus. In my bike room I have a set of 99 Record levers (9 speed) and some 03 (10 speed levers). No difference. It seems that the carbon crankset on Chorus would make it the winner versus alloy Record.

BTW, I got the nine speed stuff from ATP. I am putting some alloy chorus levers on the record ergo this weekend for use on the commuter. The carbon levers are a little beat up but the internals are new. I am replacing the chorus 9 RD with a record alloy 9 as well. The chorus RD has had a crack on the back near the pivot for about four years now. The crack looked a little bigger lately.
I searched my house for old Excel Sports and Colorado Cyclist catalogs but couldn't find any. Yeah I'm thinking that the carbon crank alone on new Chorus would make for a big weight savings.

·
Super Moderator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C-40 said:
You're making a huge apples and oranges comparison here. The '08 Chorus group would be a major upgrade with the UT crank, to start with. The '08 Chorus RD is nearly identical, except for a couple of Ti bolts.

Try weightweenies for actual posted weights, but I sure wouldn't base a purchase decision on the weight difference. '08 Chorus would be the better choice.
I checked out weightweenies. Got the info I was looking for. Thanks. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.