Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've finally hit 2000 posts and don't really have anything new and/or profound to write about....perhaps I'll have something more substantial when I get to 5 or 10k. 2000 isn't a lot comparitively speaking but its significantly more than I ever thought I would have when I stumbled upon these forums looking for some wheel information. I found an abundance of good info in Wheels and Tires and then started wondering what was that Lounge place was about. That was like falling into a black hole of time....but in a very good way. :) Since then I've talked with a lot of cool (pretend internet :p ) friends, learned a lot more about bikes, learned lots about other cool stuff, met some of you, and did some riding with you too. Along the way there were some tears, disagreement, encouragement and the always present buffoonery. Oh how I love the buffoonery! All good stuff.

I <3 all of you....except Flatbar...he's a jerk!

So much for not having anything to say and keeping it short. Now how about some pictures.

Thanks much to Andrea for the inspiration to come out of my bar tape shell. I think my ride now has an additional piece of flair. Do I meet the minimum of 15 pieces? :D (What a pain in the butt to do, btw) Mrs Tcon likes it so I have a feeling I'll get to get more practice doing it...Not c0d3!

I finally took the plunge and built my first wheel...and it ended up on Mrs Tcon's bike! Oh well, she can QC it but if it fails I'll never hear the end of it.

Lounger moreons actually do ride bikes!

RBR Fall Fiesta at Casa de Tcon!

I had a few more pics but I just locked myself out of Smugmug. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Congrats! (including the wheel!).

At least you noticed you were about to hit 2K and did something about it. Most of us go, "wtf? What just happened?"

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just happened to look over after I posted something this morning and saw that I was at 1998. I almost wasted it on a poast-padding response a couple of times. Then I really wanted to reply to a couple of things while I was pondering what to poast. Silly, really, but fun.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
tconrady said:
... perhaps I'll have something more substantial when I get to 5 or 10k.
You won't. This is as good as it's gonna get, and it won't ever get this good again.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrRoebuck said:
You won't. This is as good as it's gonna get, and it won't ever get this good again.
Yeah, and I'm not really the profound type anyway! :wink: I'm all about the buffoonery!

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
what? that means I only have a few posts left that are "worthwhile"?

oops, there goes one more.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Nice bar tape :).

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Hey, I've got half the posts you do almost, and they all just seem like useless spam. At least I hope I've done more than that!

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
Nice wrap. I've been trying to work it out for a week, and just can't make the transition from top to ramp work out. I suspect that trying with flat-top bars isn't helping my cause.

·
Non non normal
10,100 Posts
I just hope we get to do some more riding some time in the future.
Congrats on 2000
That picture makes my butt look big.

·
Steaming piles of opinion
10,503 Posts
That's odd...

bigrider said:

It's donuts that make my butt look big.

Pictures just don't taste good. Plus, you have to eat way too many to feel full.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bigrider said:
I just hope we get to do some more riding some time in the future.
Congrats on 2000
Perhaps this summer! Mrs Tcon and I are/were thinking about heading that way for vacation. It's all up in the air right now because she starts classes for her masters this summer.

It's not the picture...I just figured you had an ultra skinny saddle on that bike! Hell, Prince would look like Orca riding between Uzzie and JetSpeed! :D

·
Just Plain Bitter
8,602 Posts
Congrats, I hope I am paying attention when it happens to me. Yours was at least worthwhile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts