Apex Compact crank and bb
Axis carbon fork
Easton double grooved handlebars
Carbon seat post
SRAM 1050 chain
SRAM pg1070 11/26 cassette
FSA headset
Forte road pro stem

The only thing left to do is get some nice wheels for this monster!

·
Yo no fui.
8,081 Posts
I had that frame and loved it.

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
Sounds like you've upgraded smartly without spending a lot. Great job! I would lengthen that RD cable housing just a little for smoother shifting.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,980 Posts
Sharp looking bike.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looks like a smart build, I like the seat stay going to the top tube detail.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the cable housing going to your rear brake is a little short.

Does the cable pass through the opening between the seat stay and seat tube? Does that effect the angle of the cable into the brake?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QuattroCreep said:
Looks like a smart build, I like the seat stay going to the top tube detail.

It is hard to tell from the pictures but it looks like the cable housing going to your rear brake is a little short.

Does the cable pass through the opening between the seat stay and seat tube? Does that effect the angle of the cable into the brake?
The cable housing on the rear brake is just long enough, if it were any longer the cable might bind. It is a straight shot from the cable housing to the rear brake.
The cable passes through the triangle and this does not effect the angle of the cable, it actually helps route the cable to the brake.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice build. I still ride an old GT Strike frame from 95' on occasion. The rear derailleur housing looks fine but the rear brake cable should be a little longer and have a slight arch to it. Otherwise, sweet looking ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.