Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Litespeed Teramo Road Bike Reviews - RoadbikeReview.com

Hi all,

I have my eye on a 2004 Litespeed Teramo, with 9spd Ultegra. I wanted to use it for commuting, sitting on the trainer and solo training rides. It is stock and I can pick it up for $400.00 not sure if it is a good deal as that is the high end on bicycle blue book.

I have owned a ton of bikes, a few years ago I wanted to try TI and picked up a Motobecane TI from bikes direct. I hated that bike, slow acceleration, flex, and not very comfortable, always felt like I was riding in mud. Sold it after a year and went back to my carbon Cervelo.

Well broke the Cervelo frame, and currently riding a Felt AR2, which I love.

Now for the question, I am getting the itch again for for a steel/TI bike and can pick up the TI Litespeed for 400.00 or a nice Serotta for 600.00 that I also found, but I am a little gun shy from the first TI experience. and not sure what to pick up.

I also had a steel Lemond that I loved and really regret selling it..

I have heard good things about the Litespeeds and thinking of pulling the trigger but afraid I will end up like the Motobecane and hate it... what are your guys thoughts on the bikes??

Thank you
Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Tire Bicycle wheel rim Wheel

or

Bicycle tire Bicycle wheel Tire Bicycle frame Wheel

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I've got a 1999 Ultimate I've been riding for years. It's on it's second set of components. The Bikes Direct titanium frames always looked pretty simple -- just round tubes welded together. The Teramo frame in the picture looks a little more sophisticated. Being compact, it probably isn't a noodle. For $400, what do you have to lose? I pay twice that for a set of "cheap" wheels these days.

As far as Serotta -- they had a huge fan base, but I was never tempted. I remember riding one of their steel bikes with "Colorado Concept" tubes and being amazed how flexy it was. I could literally see the bottom bracket move when i climber a hill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts