Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally am adding a little more bling to my bike by way of Zipp cranks but I'm having a problem. I'm not quite sure how to get the crank arms off. I used the 8mm hex to get the crank bolts off. I'm pretty much stuck right there, though. I checked Campy's site and they mention an extractor bolt. Is that something I have to buy? If so, are there any tricks to getting it off?

Thanks in advance!

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
and yes.....buy, borrow.....you def need an extractor....they are not expensive. It threads in where the hex nut came out and there is a bolt that threads in through the center to push the arm off the taper

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good. I'll pick one up tomorrow with my Campy BB/Cassette Tool(lost mine), ISIS BB tool, and torque wrench. Buying all these tools are going to make me a poor man.:)

Thanks, guys. You're always quick with help and I appreciate it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
you realize you're going to need a new bottom bracket as well, right? the campy cranks are square-taper, the zipp 300 is ISIS (which i'm guessing is what you have), and the zipp vuma quad is external bearing.

stronglight twister or jp max, or the crank bros ISIS BBs are excellent.

[edit - wait...you're buying the BB tools, so i guess you realize the BB will change. those zipp 300 cranks are very sweet!]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts