Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one of these. Did tons of research and in the end decided i would not get a better buy. got it a week ago and almost put on 200 miles. love the ride. One tip (for any purchase really)....look for the cheapest sale price on the internet, print it out and take it to the store. I did that and picked mine up for $1960 originally from $2899 - on sale now for $2299. Plus I joined the Performance team and now have a $200 instore credit (i added a computer and 2 carbon water cages). I complained bitterly about the negative seat post reviews so got a free upgrade on that. I was in the store MANY times test riding the bike, putting it on hold and asking plenty questions. I think the store manager got tired of seeing this gal in his store and wanted to get rid of me!!!! all in all an excellent buy. can't go wrong. Having said that though I think I will use my store credit to upgrade the wheels. I am a serious recreational rider but am curious if there are any serious riders out there who have a Scattante and what they think of it. I do mostly very long rides with even longer mountain climbs. Once summer is in full swing the bike will be truely tested.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
No offense, but you sound like a local bike shop's worst nightmare.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no offense taken. i did my homework. what is wrong with asking for the cheapest sale price i have to wonder. the manager could have said no, he could have told me to pay for an upgrade in the seat post but didn't. His choice. i test rode the bike 4 times along with other makes. Before spending that amount of money i want to be well informed and make sure i get what is right for me at a good price. I've supported this LBS for quite some time making plenty of smaller purchases and enjoy doing business there. My comment about him wanting to get rid of me was said in a light note - poking fun at myself as I realise i asked many questions, adjustments during test rides etc. It's a shame you took it up the wrong way.

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
You did fine. Don't know anything about the bike but when it comes to Performance I always give them a hard time when I'm down in Sacramento. The manager has come to know me and pretty much just jokes around. He's given me deals on some things and told me to shove off on others. Like you said, there is no harm in asking and they sure don't have to sell it to you. I don't get as far with the local shops in Carson City and Reno but still get some good deals once in a while. I know they face a much tigher profit margin so mainly just like to joke around with them and see if they'll work with me. But, it's all in a good sense of humor and understanding and I buy a lot of odd ball junk from them. Like I said, never hurts to ask and they can, and often do, say no.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts