Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get info on the 2005 vs. 2006 Six13 frameset. I was planning on racing a 2006 Six13 frameset this season, but I stumbled across a 2005 frameset (Saeco colors, new in my size) for $650. I reckon the 2006 Six13 will cost me at least $400 more than that.

I have ridden the 2006 Six13 model extensively and liked it, but what about the earlier version? A little heavier (150g?) and more flexible laterally with the carbon seat tube, theoretically? Is there much of a real-world difference in handling or ride quality? I already have a Look 585 (which is way smoother than the Six13 anyway) so I am not that worried about ride quality over 100+miles: the Six13 will be mostly a race and crit bike.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For $650 that would be a great deal. I really don't think there would be that much difference but then again maybe it's just me, I don't think there is much difference between my caad8 and the 2005 six13 that I rode

·
Registered
207 Posts
The red Saeco paintjob is the best looking one I have ever seen, IMO.

I have an 05 Six13. I have heard that they have had some problems with the seat tube. I had a seat post get seized in the seat tube and I had to cut it out. It took hours to cut it out without damaging the bike and it ruined a nice new Record carbon seatpost. I run the stock Alien post now with no problems. (Both seat posts were the same diameter and length.)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I just got an 06 Six13 and the seat tube now is alum instead of carbon and that is the improvement Cannondale made for this year model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts