Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Quick silly question from a newby. I'm a 6'8" - 260# Clydesdale who has been mountain biking for 10 years and has now moved to the "other side". I recently bought a 2005 XL TCR T-Mobile off e-bay. I am puzzled over the hole with the plastic cover in the bottom of the top tube. What is that for?

Dave:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dave,

i have the 2007 TCR Tmobile bike and it doesnt have a hole. Are you sure the brake cable holder hasnt separated from the toptube.

My brake wires run the length of the top tube with spacers keeping it away from the tubing.

other than that, I cant see what else it would be. Surely numbers would be attached by ties.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hole in Frame

Thanks for your input and suggestions. I think it is for a racing number. It is doubtful I will race at any real calibre. Now I need to figure out what to do with it.

One thing is to possibly fill the entire frame with e-load or some other sport drink high in electrolytes and attach flexitble straw to it. That way I can save the Camel Bak for the Mountain Bike and enjoy sport drinks rich in carbon.

:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.