Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Brand new to this site, but not new to road biking (raced tri for 3 seasons). I've narrowed it down to two bikes. The 2006 Allez Comp double and the 2005 Bianchi San Matero, but find it rather hard to decided. I'm looking to get into road racing so I'd like a nice starter bike for racing. Any thoughts or comments on either bike would be greatly apprechiated. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers.

·
Registered
27 Posts
J_money12 said:
Hey all,

Brand new to this site, but not new to road biking (raced tri for 3 seasons). I've narrowed it down to two bikes. The 2006 Allez Comp double and the 2005 Bianchi San Matero, but find it rather hard to decided. I'm looking to get into road racing so I'd like a nice starter bike for racing. Any thoughts or comments on either bike would be greatly apprechiated. Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers.
I just purchased a 2006 Specialized Allez Comp - double in Gerolsteiner team colors. Very happy so far - new Shimano 10 spd double works excellent - they have updated the shifters closer to the Dura Ace shifters(with exception of carbon) a lot more comfortable. There was an excellent review in Cyling Weekly (British mag) on the new 105 double 10 spd groupset and talked about how shimano has closed the gap between Ultegra & 105 with the new 105 set - While the Mavic Aksium wheels look solid - more suited for training than racing - possible upgrade later. Not familiar with specs on your Bianchi choice. Overall impression of the Allez comp is very good, beautiful paint, carbon rear stay, seat post and I am extremely happy with the 105 10spd vs. the 2003 105 triple I had before. I can post pics later if you wish. Happy huniting.....
-Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts