·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks a lot!

I was there. Nice to see a glimpse of my ladyfriend Mieke taking it easy at the start, in green. With my front 34mm Tufo-on-Zipp wheel.
The ladies actually had a larger field than the elite men. Though they had their own -23 start of course.

The difficulty of the sand descends is easily underestamated. Many of the experienced ladies freaked out, and were pre-riding till just before the start. Lots of hike-a-bike section, there was hardly a climb that the men cleaned where the ladies had to walk.

I only rode the course in regular spectator's clothing, but it's technical. I'd like better brakes and wider tires than just 34mm to dare go faster on the downs, and maybe make it up more climbs.

Is there also a clip of the men's? I didn't record it, but I though I saw a guy jump the ditch after the grassy bit, leading onto the narrow paved road. Next time I'm three, I have to prepare a burly rear wheel with old tire and just go for it. Great ditch to practice at, and possibly make up places at the start.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thx, I can get the women's, but are too stupid to understand how to get the men's, total noob at newsgroups and stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts