Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about participating in this year's Mountain Games (May31-June 4) www.tevamountaingames.com . In past years they had a sweet swag bag which was a major draw. Any thoughts about this event? Vail Pass Hill Climb? Anyone compete in this event last year and have any advice? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers

·
Registered
121 Posts
The whole weekend is a fun event...world class kayaking and mtn. biking. I was going to participate in the hill climb, however outta town that weekend (cycling italy!!). Might be worth watching some kayaking as the water will be huge this year.

Had a few friends ride the Vail Pass Hill Climb last year. A nice time trial cause it mixes in dead pan flat (with wind) with a 5-6% climb. Even roulers can do well in it. The actual climbing after the flats is on the "old highway" now just a huge bike path. Can even see Lemond and Hampsten spray painted on the highway when the Coors Classic boys used to race this.

Go For it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Endo for the advice. Sounds like a great weekend. I'll be sure to attend for the more people I talk to, the better it sounds! After the race, I'll make sure to check out the kayak competition. It should be a fun time watching the athletes deal with all of the water that will be rushing down the creek with all of the snow Vail received this winter. Have fun in Italy!

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts