Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
go with the SL

you get the same 110 carbon frame as the top end 5.9sl, which if purchased seperately retails for the approximate cost of the entire 5.2sl!

·
Registered
401 Posts
The 5.2 SL also has the Bontrager Race XXX-Lite fork, which is 90 grams lighter than the Race X-Lite fork that comes on the standard Madone 5.2.

Lately, I've been riding a standard 5.2, and for whatever reason, I find the grey/carbon paint scheme really boring. Personally, I'd look into the SL simply for the cool Midnight Duotone paint. It looks great in person.

·
Zeppelin/Ultegra Rider
930 Posts
looking at the same decision...also looking at the Giant TCR C1.

Comments?

·
Registered
401 Posts
4bykn said:
looking at the same decision...also looking at the Giant TCR C1.

Comments?
Giant - one-piece, relatively generic, overseas-built frame
Trek - Lugged OCLV frame, built in Wisconsin, shares carbon fiber process patent with Raytheon, who uses the same carbon and molds to manufacture flight control surfaces for jets.

I'm a bit biased.... ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Get the SL while you can...

I had the same dilemna. Just imagine a 5.2 or a 5.2sl...Both are rockets, but the sl has a ton of advantages, ie the 110 over the 120. The stems, the fork, the look.
Just go buy the SL...see you on the road:)

·
Registered
602 Posts
read my review

I just reviewed the 5.9sl but most of my comments are about the frame and fork which leaves the components out of the discussion. The SL is a nice frame.

·
Registered
13 Posts
unless you are planning on doing long 100+ rides the 5.2sl won't make much of a difference from the 5.2. Save your money and put it back in the bike in another area...I.E wheels, or a super awesome saddle or something like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts