Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have just started looking for a new bike. I am doing the usual stuff, cruising shops and the Internet. One of the shops I recently visited was implying that I should wait a little while because the 2007 stuff was going to arrive shortly. This surprised be a bit because I was always under the impression that the new season bikes (at least in Australia) come sometime around September/October/November depending on the manufacture.

Checking on the web it appears that some manufactures, Cannondale and Look have already started to announce some of their 2007 bike.

While I have no burning reason to want a 2007 bike over a 2006 bike I always hate to drop the cash only to have the latest and greatest appear as I walk out the door or even I buy a bike that is 20% off in next weeks clearance sale.

So what's the story? Are the new seasons bike just around the corner or are they still months away? How long before they get to market after being announce, particularly in Australia?

· Non Non Cyclist
5,779 Posts
Unless there's a big upgrade from one year's model to the next (or you prefer the new colors) there is no reason to buy the newer models. I got a screaming deal on my '05 in September right after the new '06 models came out, and except for a different seatpost and color the bikes were identical.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
collectorvelo said:
other than new Campy Record
nothing is going to change but colors

best to go for a bargin that is in syock now
This is why I am asking. I am only looking at 105/Ultegra so it is unlikely that I would notice any changes in the from 07-08, so I have not dying reason to wait. I mainly want to ensure that I don't do something silly like buy a bike a week before the clearances.

The other thing is I want to scope who is lying to me. As I said one shop told me to wait for the new bikes in June/July. The other told me that they would not be getting new seasons stock until December.

I agree on the colour point, as long a it doesn't look like a four year old painted it, I can live with most paint jobs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.