Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Noob rider here. I've been in the market for a road bike, and I've visited a number of LBS's as well as the big box stores like REI and Hudson Trail Outfitters.

My theoretical price point was $600, but I quickly found that everything new, far exceeded that amount. On to craigslist / ebay.

I've been offered a 2007 CAAD 9, Optimo 3, 56 cm for $875. Good condition.

Good deal or no?

Thanks in advance.

Sae

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Sae,

First off you will not cover under the warrenty as second hand owner and the price is a bit high, if you have time look around LBS and see if they have any old stock for sale that way you get a new bike plus and the warrenty, 56cm size is very popular.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I love the idea of getting last year's model at a price break. Unfortunately, all of the LBS are completely out of stock on old bikes, at least in my size frame.

When will the bike companies release their 2009 models? That might be a good time to buy a 2008.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I think we are only a few months away for the 09 to arrive by then riding season is pretty much over.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Dude, I think it's important to see who was riding that bike. Can you trust him? Does it fit you? What are the components and is everything working? Are the wheels true and tires good. Chips, scratches.
I think that $875 for a 2007 is a great price. That is a hell of a bike. Ride it and see how it feels. Take it to a bike shop and get it inspected. I would buy. Since 1986, I have never had to use a warranty from Cannondale. The LBS bike stock will all be crap, as everyone leans and drops that stuff on a daily basis. Around here, the used LBS stuff is kept outside.
Think of your bike as an investment that you can sell after this season is over. Trust me, it wont lose much value.
How about this listing, that bike was worth a lot new...
http://www.treefortbikes.com/43_333222337129__2007-CAAD-9-Optimo-3.html

This is the 1997 Cannondale that I sold on ebay for $685.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.