Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people.

new here and can use some help.

i'm putting together a 2007 CAAD8 and have an issue with the fork. it comes with the original FSA headset, though i have no idea what model it is. i believe it's an integrated headset since there's no separate cups to press in. the cups are built into the headtube. i think i've got everything assembled correctly. but when done, there's a slight bit of metal-on-metal "noise" when i turn the fork. it's not loud and doesn't feel like anything is grinding. but definitely not silence and "greasy" smooth. and yes, i've greased everything i need to grease.

also, the crown race on the bottom has a bevel on the inside, which makes me think that it can't be set in like most crown races. am i correct? or does it need to be pressed in???

any suggestions is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just took everything apart and made sure i got them installed correctly. i did. but also noticed a bit of play on the bottom bearings. i pretty much came to the same conclusion as you suggested.. time for a new headset...

thanks for confirming my suspicions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.