Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have the 2007 Major Jake? The one with the carbon seatstays. I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen more people riding them. I just got a NOS and am gonna build it up for this cross season, just need to get a fork for it. I LOVE the metallic orange on it though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
2K8 Major Jake

I've got the 2K8 version. Kona went away from the carbon stays. It's a full scandium frame. Raced on it late last fall and winter. It took about a half-dozen races to get it adjusted to me - ditched the front derailleur and went with a single, 42 tooth chain ring. Also ditched the top brake levers - they just add friction to the cables in my opinion. It's at 19.6 pounds including pedals.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I notice you don't use a chainguard, just a jump stop. Ever drop the chain? I guess you are still protecting against "catastrophic" chain drop, it'd be easy enough to swing her back on if it dropped to the outside. Speak to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.