Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some opinions here....I am looking at a 2007 Roubaix Elite frame to do a custom build on. I know its not the top of the line frame but it will suffice for me. The person who is selling this frame is asking $700 for it. I think that's a "little" on the high side...am I out of my mind thinking this?? It is only the frame & the fork, nothing else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think that the price is high. For comparison, I bought a 07 Roubaix Elite (full bike, not just the frame) last year for $1400. You can get some pretty good new frames for that price. Do you have an idea of how well it fits you?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the 54 fits me perfect..my Tarmac was a 54, the test ride I took on the Roubaix was a 54 and another brand I rode was a 54 so I am 110% sure the 54 fits me. I just don't where some of these people get their prices from...

·
Cycling induced anoesis
13,006 Posts
I'm no expert on pricing, but I tend to agree with you that the price is a little on the high side. It's not a smokin' bargain, but if it's in good condition (I actually mean very good to excellent condition) and meets your needs, it might be worth considering. It's the same frameset as the current Roubaix, and that complete bikes lists for $1900. I'm thinking it could be had for +/- $1,600, so.... is the '07 frameset worth about a grand less?

You said $700 is the sellers asking price, so I'd start at around $550 and work up from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts